Thursday, December 13, 2007

In My Mind I'm Kenyan






Well I did it. Actually several of us did it. We ran in the White Rock Marathon last Sunday. What an experience. The marathon benefits the Scottish Rites Children's Hospital. This year was the largest marathon in it's history. I wasn't prepared for the weather, well I was prepared but at mile 6 I started taking off layers. Little did I know, I was going to need those layers at mile 10. That was when the cold hit. My fingers felt as if they may fall off if something even slightly hit them. I couldn't open any of my energy supplements because my hands were too numb. I remember saying that I would never do this again. Then I saw the finish line and I have to say crossing the finish line took away any pain I may have felt earlier in the race. Now that I have finished, I am already thinking about next time.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

WAY TO GO GINA!!! You were awesome :)

Betsy said...

SOOOO proud of you girls!!!

(And that is possibly the best post title I have ever seen!! In MY mind, I AM NOT Kenyan! ha ha)

Love, Betsy